Qualification: BSc in Business Administration, HND/BSc Accounting
Experience: 5 Years
Location: Lagos State
ACCOUNT /ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER duties revolve around managing and distributing information within an office. This generally includes answering phones, taking memos and maintaining files, includes keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run ACCOUNTING software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like ACCOUNTS payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
• Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar, and arithmetic.
• Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the operation and minor maintenance of various office and communications systems.
• Knowledge of specialized formats for letters, memos and reports
• Knowledge of budget preparation procedures
• Knowledge of the principles of office management and supervision.
o Communication Skills
o Filing/Paper Management
o Equipment handling
o Customer service skills
o Research skills
o Ability to exercise independent judgement in evaluating situations and decisions.
o Ability to plan, organize supervise and review the work of subordinates performing a variety of functions.
o Ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
o Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; read and comprehend written materials.
o Ability to operate personal computers and various office equipment.
o Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
o Ability to create simple functions and macros, tables and forms
o Ability to record, file and transmit information
o Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
o Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
o Ability to use MS Office, databases and accounting software
o Ability to reflect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
o Ability to manage deadlines
o Teamworking Ability.
• Manage office supplies stock and place order.
• Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets.
• Maintain and update company databases.
• Organize a filling system for important and confidential company documents.
• Answer queries by employees and clients.
• Update office policies as needed.
• Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments.
• Book meeting rooms as required.
• Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. Letters, emails and packages).
• Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
• Arrange travel and accommodations
• Schedule in-house and external events.
• Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
• Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
• Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
• Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
• Aid and support to company personnel
• Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
• Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
• Constantly update job knowledge
NOTE: To create your video interview, click on the link below and follow instructions, note that to apply for any job successfully, you must complete your first stage interview via video, and post video link in your resume form and apply button below.
Click on this link: Video Interview Questions