Experience: 5 Years
Qualification: B.Sc in Supply Chain Management.
Location: Lagos State
CLEARING AGENTS are usually in charge of packing goods which are meant for exportation. The goods could be packed in trucks or cargo containers which will be shipped or airlifted. Clearing agents are also responsible for handling the necessary paperwork that involves the packaging of the goods.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical machines, equipment and tools, including their designs, user, repair and maintenance
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
• Knowledge of the structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Equipment Maintenance
• Operation and control
• Critical thinking
• Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding job that includes heavy lifting and standing.
• Proper documentation is extremely crucial regarding all custom related activities.
• All documents and paperwork need to bear his name since he is being hired by the client and he is acting on behalf of the client.
• Clearing agent finds any non-compliance with the law on his client’s part (either intentionally or by mistake), then he is mandated to inform about the same to the Customs Officer and also advise the client about the right procedure.
• Clearing agent is responsible for drafting letters, applying for permissions to various bodies and individuals involved and to produce all authorization letters as and when asked for by the Government bodies.
• Clearing agent essentially facilitate smooth import/export of goods and transportation of goods from one location to another within the same country.
NOTE: To create your video interview, click on the link below and follow instructions, note that to apply for any job successfully, you must complete your first stage interview via video, and post video link in your resume form and apply button below.
Click on this link: Video Interview Questions