Qualification: High School Diploma
Experience: 5 Years
REFRIGERATOR ENGINEER repair, install and troubleshoot refrigeration systems. They can work on industrial or residential climate-control systems, such as HVAC units, ice machines, beverage equipment and refrigerated storage units.
• Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar, and arithmetic
• Knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of the operation and minor maintenance.
• Great attention to detail
• Team playing
• Ability to show initiative
• A thorough and methodical approach to your work
• Ability to plan, organize supervise and review the work of subordinates performing a variety of functions
• Ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• Ability to use your own initiative
• Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment
• Lift and align components into position, using hoist or block and tackle.
• Drill holes and install mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
• Insulate shells and cabinets of systems.
• Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
• Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
• Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
• Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
• Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system.
• Supervise and instruct assistants.
• Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
• Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
• Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.